The Department of Youth Welfare, being an important part of the University, is working for the overall development of the students with an objective of nurturing the young minds and for their balanced growth and development. The Department of Youth Welfare organizes a number of activities every year. As the department encourages the young students to come forward and prove themselves by participating in various creative activities in the same way the active participation of the students in these activities encourage the department to provide them more and more opportunities for their overall development.
Keeping in view the above mentioned scenario the department organizes chain of activities throughout the year as Chaudhary Bansi Lal University Zonal Youth Festivals, Loor, Hariyali Teej Festival, Talent Hunt Programme, celebration of various days of national and international importance amidst others..
Aims and Objectives:
- To channelize creative energy and enthusiasm of the young students.
- To provide students with an atmosphere of creativity and group participation so that their latent potentialities and talent find an outlet in joyous and fruitful ways.
- To inculcate feelings of patriotism and nationalism among participating students and to acquaint them with their rich cultural heritage and human values.
- To create a sense of belonging and commitment to the country and providing youth with a meaningful direction for the realization of national goals.
- To inculcate a spirit of adventure and positive thinking and respect for higher values, human goodness and noble behavior
- To provide opportunities to youth for self- development and character building and also for imbibing quality of leadership, mutual tolerance and fellow feeling.
- To preserve and promote rich folklore and traditional culture through display of diverse art and craft forms, thereby enriching culture and social life of the region.
Dr. Suresh Malik
Dean Student Welfare
Dr. Asha Poonia
Secretary, Department of Youth Welfare
Mr. Ravinder Kumar
Mr. Vinod Kumar
Mr. Gyanendra Singh