In enforcement of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, with regard to performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC suggests that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Being one of the foremost challenges faced by any higher educational institutions; the development, application and maintenance of quality needs the most prior attention. Since quality enhancement is a continuous effort, to institutionalize the process of quality sustenance and enhancement, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established in the University vide Endorsement No. CBLU/IQAC/2019/01-31 dated 25/10/19. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the University. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution towards promoting the holistic academic excellence in the University.
To make quality the representing element of education in the University, through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the University.
- To streamline the efforts and measures of the University towards academic and administrative excellence.
- To encourage measures for significant and relevant contributions in the post-accreditation phase of the University.
- Assuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Ascertaining optimization and amalgamation of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Ensuring the credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Inseminating a quality culture in Academic, Research and Administration in the University by organizing awareness programs and workshops.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Establishment and execution of quality benchmarks.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Evolving stringent parameters for channelizing various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Expediting formulation of a learner-centric environment contributing towards quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the appropriate knowledge and skill full technology for participatory teaching and learning practice.
- Organization of workshops and seminars on various themes related to quality enhancement and overall promotion of quality at different fronts and promotion of quality circles.
- Acquisition and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on different quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Development and Maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /strengthening the institutional quality.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality enhancement.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
- Ascertaining enhancement and coordination among various activities of the University.
- Assuring accuracy, precision and focus in University functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Provide sound basis for decision-making to improve overall functioning of the University.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication in the University.
- Securing internalization of the quality culture in the University.
- Functioning as a dynamic system for overall quality changes in the University;
Prof. R. K. Gupta